Membership in The Historical Society of Sarasota County is open to any person interested in the history of this area and the State of Florida and upon payment of membership dues.
Membership in The Historical Society of Sarasota County brings you, and the community, so many benefits:
- Receive a current newsletter and keep up-to-date on historical news.
- Receive discounts on special tours and events.
- Meet fellow history enthusiasts; enjoy the programs and invite your friends.
- Keep this area’s history alive and vibrant.
- Discover Sarasota; learn from the past and plan for the future.
A membership in the Historical Society of Sarasota County is an ideal gift for any friends, new neighbors, and family who love Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Nokomis, Laurel, Osprey, Venice, Englewood, Northport…and points in between!
Read the 2013 President’s Letter.
We may be an Historical Society, but we’re not dusty-musty. Here’s a sample of the fun we have
and some happenings in our (recent!) past.
Not up for membership, but you’d like to help? That’s cool. Here’s our current Wish List. Paper goods to roof… we’d love to thank you for a donation!